Sunday, September 05, 2010

The Best ER Story

So no one ever wants to have an ER story, but we had one last night. Around dinner time Ella started complaining of an ear ache. We didn't think too much of it since she wasn't crying or anything. Well I put her to bed around 8:30 and by this point she was clutching her ear and crying at certain points. So I thought I would just watch her and I knew at this point it wasn't going to be good because Ella really does not complain unless something is really hurting her. Well 10pm rolls around and she wakes up because her ear is bothering her and crying. Well I figure that we're not going to get any sleep that night anyway so might as well take her to the ER to get looked at.

So I load her up and decide to take her to the local hospital versus the Children's Hospital since it was a non emergency and the local hospital is 30 minutes closer. Anyway, we're getting out of our car and I see an ambulance go screaming by and it was Unit 22.....that was my husband that night!! So I told Ella to hurry because that was Daddy. So we go running around to the ambulance entrance and ask to see Jeremy. He comes out and takes us in. A doctor was standing right there so he was able to look at her ear and write some scripts right then and there. No waiting room...no paperwork,and we were out of there in 30 minutes. Praise God for my husband being right there when we needed him (when we didn't know he was going to be there) and the fabulous kind doctor that didn't mind looking at my pitiful baby when she wasn't feeling so hot. Thank God for his miracles!

Ella's doing much better today since we have the ear numbing drops and antibiotics!

No comments: