Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day

I'm not going to lie. This day hurt. It hurt a lot. This was my first Mother's Day without my Mom. This is probably going to be the holiday that hurts me the most. This was my 4th Mother's Day but I have been celebrating this day for my Mother for 30 years. This was more her day than mine. And to know that she wasn't here to hug just hurt. Don't get me wrong...I have two beautiful girls' and a husband who made this day very special for me. And I am so grateful and thankful for them. But I was missing that other piece. And that other piece is in Heaven and pain free, which is important and my wish for her. I love her and am so relieved that she is happy and pain free. I just miss her terribly. I hate this year of "firsts". Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful friends and family. I'm grateful for every single one of you. To the daughters who are without your mother this year, I pray for your peace and healing. I understand where you are. And to the mothers who have lost a child, I pray for you. I can't imagine your feelings today. And Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Mom. Thank you for being you even though we could fight like cats and dogs. Ha. And thank you for showing me how to be a real, true Mommy. I am forever grateful.


Finally! Some pictures of me and my beautiful girls! (I'm always the one behind the camera so I never have pictures of us.)














No comments: